Closing Date: 08/12/2023
Salary: £17,976 (£22,470 FTE)
Contracted Hours: 30
Location: Hybrid / Bristol Zoo Project
Contract Type: Permanent
Bristol Zoological Society, the conservation and education charity that runs and operates Bristol Zoo Project, higher education programmes and conservation projects across the world, is recruiting for a Development Assistant. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Development team.
If you would like the advert in an alternative format, or would like to talk about how we can adjust the interview process to best support you, please contact email@example.com.
We are committed to employing from all areas of the community, we value equality and diversity across our workforce and aim to ensure our staff is reflective of the diversity of the community. In support of this commitment, we welcome applications from the Global Majority.
The Development Department leads fundraising for Bristol Zoological Society, including membership, revenue fundraising and major capital campaigns. The Development Assistant will be responsible for the Department’s administrative and finance systems, helping to ensure the Department runs smoothly and donors are the heart of everything we do.
With a new strategy in place to create a world-class Zoo with conservation at its heart, the new Bristol Zoo Project will offer spacious, modern facilities, significant growth in our conservation and education work, and an innovative and exciting visitor experience.
The role will help to realise our vision of saving wildlife together – raising funds for the new Zoo. You will join a committed team, working alongside our communities, looking after the environment, and contributing to our inclusive culture.
As a Disability Confident Employer if you identify yourself as disabled under the Equality Act 2010 definition and can demonstrate that you meet the essential criteria listed in the person specification, we will guarantee an interview.
- 30 days of annual leave (Pro-rated, inclusive of bank hols) increasing with length of service
- Access to our company pension scheme
- Access to a range of resources to support your physical, mental and financial health, including access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Death in service benefit (x3 salary)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Other flexible benefits include gym discounts and access to a health cash plan
- Hybrid working for certain roles, to allow you to work where you work best - We’re happy to discuss flexible working
- Family friendly policies with enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption support
- Loyalty award after 5 years and every year subsequently
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, allowing you to reach your full potential
- Free on-site car park
To apply for this role please sign into our recruitment portal and upload your CV and cover letter.
The closing date for applications is 8th December 2023.