End-Point Assessment Administrator
Closing Date: 07/01/2022
About the role
• Reporting to the EUIAS Service Delivery Manager, you will provide key administrative support to underpin the smooth running of the EUIAS end-point assessment journey.
• Your responsibilities will be varied and wide ranging, including checking registration and payment details, scheduling end-point assessments, managing knowledge test bookings, pre-populating templates for moderation, standardisation and final grading activity and application for apprenticeship completion certificates.
• The role will also provide general administrative support including diary management, minute taking, document branding and version control. The role will include liaison with customers to provide quality customer service.
• To be successful in this role, you will need to be highly motivated, organised with strong administration skills and a keen eye for accuracy and detail. You will have good written and spoken communication skills for liaising with customers and assessors.
• You will be able to show initiative, sharing and learning from colleagues and escalating issues as they arise. You will be solution focussed and recognise the importance of common ways of working.
Diversity StatementThe Energy and Utility Skills Group is committed to achieving a workforce that is representative of all sections of society and positively encourages applications from suitable candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We aim to make our recruitment accessible to all potential candidates. To contact us about the accessibility of our recruitment site or for assistance completing your application, please call the HR team on 0121 713 8236 or email us at HR@euskills.co.uk