Please create an account to apply for this role
Kerridge Commercial Systems is a market leader in the development and provision of trading and financial software environments for specialist Distribution, Wholesale, Merchant and Retail industry sectors, addressing single or multibranch operations, as well as catering for organisations with 'point-of-sale' showrooms and warehouses
The Software Support Department assists customers with queries and problems relating to the KCS application software. The Department also provides customers with a wide variety of other services including the installation of new software and customer training.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
To assist in the demonstration, business discovery, installation, training and implementation of KCS systems at customer sites delivering consultancy services focusing on ERP implementations in particular. You will also be involved with working with our in-house Development team to produce detailed, accurate system specifications or undertake system testing.
To liaise with other departments and customers during the implementation and to assist in the resolution of problems on behalf of the customer resulting from the practical application of the software.
Providing support, knowledge transfer and assisting System Consultants or colleagues as necessary.
The role involves travel (your own vehicle and a valid passport is an essential part of the role) to customer sites in SA as well as surrounding countries. You may also be required to travel to our other offices in the UK and overseas.
- To take a lead within the implementation teams responsible for the installation and setup of systems, and to advise both consultants and customers on the use of trading specific software modules for their particular business. Trading modules you will be required to implement: Sales Order Processing, System Utilities, Stock Checking, Advanced Analysis, Report Generator, Printer Management, Purchase Invoice Matching, Forecasting, Data Warehouse, Workplace, Data Exchange, CRM, Customer Pricing, Central Master Files, Buying Terms, Branch Files. An awareness of how transactions interact with our Accounts modules will also be required.
- To provide Trading and associated applications training and demonstrations, preparing for and undertaking
demonstrations to support presale consultancy.
- To provide Trading application training and consultancy for the customer.
- To take responsibility within an implementation to ensure all customer documentation is completed and in particular that a pre live check list is completed and that the customer is ready to go live.
- To resolve, or assist in the resolution, of customer problems and queries arising from the implementation and subsequent live operation of standard or modified software at customer sites.
- To attend project meetings when required, internally or with clients, to gain or impart knowledge on current status of projects and to document details when appropriate.
- To assist the support function at all times on current or previously implemented systems, as and when required, by taking support calls from clients when appropriate.
- To liaise with the customers to define, or help define, specifications for modifications to the software related to the implementation of a system.
- To assist the development team with understanding of specifications during the development of modifications and subsequently test and document developed changes.
- To train colleagues in the operation of modified software, as and when required, to ensure a smooth hand over of projects to the support function.
- To train the customer's project team and provide knowledge transfer in the operation of modified software, as and when required.
- To cover for colleagues, as and when required, in all areas where knowledge overlaps, and to undertake other such duties as may reasonably be requested.
- Production and submission of consultancy documentation in line with company procedures and submitted in a timely manner. Timesheet completion in line with company procedures.
- The role will include demonstrations of the product, business discovery, installation and training of systems at customer sites.
- Delivering consultancy services focusing on ERP implementations in particular.
Knowledge and Experience
For details of skills and experience required please refer to the job description.