Ex Mil M&E Teesside
Military Maths and English Tutor
Ex-Military Maths and English Tutor
Salary: £18,000 - £25,000pa (depending on experience)
The Military Preparation College (MPCT) have exciting opportunities available in Newcastle.
We are looking for an ex-military Training Instructor to specialise in the delivery of maths and English.
The Military Preparation College has a highly successful skills department where we aim to create an environment that is positive, supportive and caring for all learners. We aim to build confidence, self-worth and empower learners to take responsibility for their own learning.
All training is delivered through a military theme providing the learner with the opportunity to develop their literacy and numeracy skills in a meaningful manner.
MPCT Skills Tutors provide support so that learners grow in confidence and progress into their chosen careers.
The role typically involves:
· managing a caseload of learners undertaking Functional Skills qualifications
· assessing learners’ skills and discussing goals
· monitoring and assessing students’ work
· using techniques to manage the learning process
· delivering team teaching and discrete teaching sessions (where appropriate).
· maintaining records
· guiding and supporting vocational instructors with the delivery of skills.
Applicants would be required to interview, assess and teach all levels of basic skills as part of a BTEC Public Services qualification. This person will be seen as a role model by the young people.
The following qualifications and competencies are desired (training will be given):
· PTLLS, CTTLS, DTTLS. Level 3 certificate in Teaching Basic Skills (9483/9484) PGCE/Cert Ed.
· Teaching degree or qualified teacher status.
· Military knowledge/experience
There are no downloads for this vacancy
Working for MPCT has a massive affect on young peoples lives. APPLY NOW!