IT Technical Support
Closing Date: 23/10/2020
IT Technical Support Officer
Area - CF23
Salary Banding - £17,500 - £25,196 (depending on qualifications and experience).
The Military Preparation College (MPCT) have exciting opportunities available at Head Office Cardiff.
MPCT has recently been voted as the UK's Best Training Provider and is graded as Grade 1 Outstanding by Ofsted. We have prepared and supported over 2,500 of your Learners to join the Armed Forces with over 10,000 of our Learners going into further education or employment.
In 2017 we received a TES Training Provider of the Year award and is an award winning company with Best Companies 'Extraordinary' along with The Times Best 100 small companies to work for. We are proud to announce we have been awarded Investors in People Platinum.
As IT Technical Support Officer you will be responsible for the smooth running of computer systems, ensuring that users get maximum benefits from them. The IT department supports the training operation across MPCT and tasks will include:
1. install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
2. monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
3. talk staff through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
4. troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
5. replace parts as required
6. provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
7. follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
8. support the roll-out of new applications
9. set up new users' accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
10. respond within agreed time limits to call-outs
11. work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
12. prioritise and manage many open cases at one time
13. rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as software developers
14. Working to duties 3,4,5 & 6 in the department tasks whilst supporting the department with task 1.
Although this area of work is open to all the following subjects may improve your chances:
• business information technology
• business systems engineering
• computer networking and hardware
• computer science
• computer software development
• information technology
• internet engineering
• software engineering.
You'll need to show evidence of the following:
• the ability to think logically
• a good memory of how software and operating systems work
• excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
• the ability to work well in a team
• problem solving skills
• a strong customer focus
• the ability to prioritise your workload
• attention to detail.
Working for MPCT has a massive affect on young peoples lives. APPLY NOW!