Closing Date: 30/10/2020
Salary Banding - £25,450 - £36,953 (depending on qualifications and experience).
Due to growth The Military Preparation College (MPCT) have exciting opportunities available at Head Office Cardiff.
MPCT has recently been voted as the UK's Best Training Provider and is graded as Grade 1 Outstanding by Ofsted. We have prepared and supported over 2,500 of your Learners to join the Armed Forces with over 10,000 of our Learners going into further education or employment.
In 2017 we received a TES Training Provider of the Year award and is an award winning company with Best Companies 'Extraordinary' along with The Times Best 100 small companies to work for. We are proud to announce we have been awarded Investors in People Platinum.
As IT Manager you will be responsible for supervising the information technology (IT) department, managing computer systems and software, equipment purchasing and installation, and maintain computer networks and connectivity. The IT department supports the training operation across MPCT and tasks will include:
IT Manager Duties
1. Coordinates IT support, training, and orientation for new technology users
2. Ensures efficient and effective technology and Internet access for a group of users
3. Organise troubleshooting or repair when necessary for IT equipment
4. Oversee information security and maintains network and user security through hardware or software installation or through education
5. Implement an IT budget for the organisation as a whole or for specific departments
6. Track inventory and status for hardware and software throughout MPCT
7. Establish relationships with technology vendors
8. Advise about organisation’s IT equipment, networking, and connectivity needs and purchases products, parts, and services as necessary
9. Supervise IT department staff, including setting schedules, implementing training, and assessing performance
10. Manage a team of specialists in support, installation, networks, and purchase
11. Works with human resources colleagues to identify staffing needs and participates in the hiring process
12. Develop emergency plans for equipment, power, or security failure to preserve technology and data
13. Research and stay up-to-date regarding new IT equipment and solutions
14. Attends trade exhibitions and workshops to keep abreast of new developments
15. Responsible for Duties 1,3,4,5 and 6 in the departmental taskings and working closely with IT Development Manager around duty 1.
Although this area of work is open to all the following subjects may improve your chances:
• business information technology
• business systems engineering
• computer networking and hardware
• computer science
• computer software development
• information technology
• internet engineering
• software engineering.
You'll need to show evidence of the following:
• the ability to think logically
• the ability to manage a team
• a good memory of how software and operating systems work
• excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
• problem solving skills
• a strong customer focus
• the ability to prioritise your workload
• attention to detail.
Working for MPCT has a massive affect on young peoples lives. APPLY NOW!