Ex-Military Skills Instructor
The Military Preparation College has a highly successful skills department where we aim to create an environment that is positive, supportive and caring for all learners. We aim to build confidence, self-worth and empower learners to take responsibility for their own learning.
All training is delivered through a military theme providing the learner with the opportunity to develop their literacy and numeracy skills in a meaningful manner.
MPCT Skills Instructors provide support so that learners grow in confidence and progress into their chosen careers.
The role typically involves:
• managing a caseload of learners undertaking Functional Skills qualifications
• assessing learners’ skills and discussing goals
• monitoring and assessing students’ work
• using techniques to manage the learning process
• delivering team teaching and discrete teaching sessions (where appropriate).
• maintaining records
• guiding and supporting vocational instructors with the delivery of skills.
Applicants would be required to interview, assess and teach all levels of basic skills as part of a BTEC Public Services qualification. This person will be seen as a role model by the young people.
The teaching aspect of the position is a key element in the role as applicants would be required to interview, assess, and teach all levels of basic skills as part of a BTEC qualification.
The programme also has a military/fitness and outdoor education element so candidates will need to lead a fit healthy lifestyle and enjoy physical activity as part of the delivery of the programme.
The role requires the skills to engage, motivate and educate young people as you will be seen as a role model.
Experience in delivering in a classroom environment would be an advantage.
The following qualifications and competencies are desired (training will be given):
• PTLLS, CTTLS, DTTLS. Level 3 certificate in Teaching Basic Skills (9483/9484) PGCE/Cert Ed.
• Teaching degree or qualified teacher status.
• Military knowledge/experience
TO APPLY, please follow the link below to submit your video. If your video is successful you will be taking to the next stages of the application process.
Salary £18,525 - £27,995pa depending on experience
Link for video - https://app.willotalent.com/invite/ppVy9O/
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Working for MPCT has a massive affect on young peoples lives. APPLY NOW!