Closing Date: 10/12/2021
Location/Division: Home based with travel to other offices
External Quality Assurer – Heating & Ventilating / Plumbing & Gas
Full Time – 35 hours per week
Starting Salary £36,000 + benefits package (including pension and 22 days paid holiday per annum plus 3 days for company shutdown over Christmas and New Year)
Home Based - Travel will be required after Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, which will include national travel.
If you have a genuine interest in helping us to change the world through science, technology, engineering, mathematics and/ or data – we would love to hear from you!
About the role
Our journey of transformation is in full flow. We are moving at pace and are investing in ourselves so we can support our sector at this critical time. COVID has hit the Engineering, Advanced Manufacturing and Building Services sectors hard, and the workforces we have helped to shape and develop are changing again and in lots of cases, reducing. This has meant we are evolving the work we do to meet the new skills challenges emerging for employers.
Our EQA Team who sit within EAL, the qualification and skills delivery arm of Enginuity Group, are looking for an experienced and motivated Quality Assurer who is occupationally competent in Plumbing, Heating and Gas.
This key role will manage a suite of centres where you will be responsible for externally quality assuring EAL products and services across the Heating & Ventilating, Engineering, Rail and Plumbing, Heating and Gas sectors, ensuring they are being delivered in line with required quality standards, regulatory requirements and EAL centre recognition requirements and policies.
Whilst skills are important and rightly so, this role also demands quick thinking, innovation and a customer focussed mind-set. We are one team, regardless of the role you do, and we all play a part in our collective success.
You’ll be hitting the ground running so we’re looking for someone who has previous experience of working on domestic and industrial commercial Plumbing, Heating and Gas installations and has held the position of Internal Quality Assurer.
As you will be a key interface between EAL and its customers you will need to build strong relationships by understanding your centres’ business objectives, needs, challenges and key stakeholders and use this knowledge and your excellent customer service skills to continue to support and grow the business to ensure EAL is their Awarding Organisation of choice.
You will be someone who can demonstrate your excellent customer skills and have experience of building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. You’ll also be comfortable communicating using a wide range of electronic media and be open and adaptable to learning.
We’re unable support UK relocation or to sponsor a visa for this role.
Depending on the volume of applications, the closing date for this position may be extended or brought forward.
What you’ll be doing
- Managing a suite of centres allocated to you where you will be responsible for monitoring the delivery against EAL recognition requirements
- Managing centres who have Heating & Ventilating Qualifications on their Centre in relation to Qualification Wales Qualifications. Also Heating & Ventilating Qualifications and Plumbing and Heating & Gas Qualifications related to T Level Qualifications
- Developing strategic plans for your centres that will inform your preparation and planning activities sufficient to manage risk, compliance, volume of registrations and support that the customer requires
- Engaging with customers daily using a range of communication methods, including remote engagement, understanding the customer needs, and dealing proactively with queries
- Reporting back to Customer Service Delivery department and the Customer the outcomes of your engagements using in-house reporting systems (Smarter Touch online reporting, Microsoft software and SAP) in a timely manner
- Utilising information systems available to you such as; Smarter Touch online reporting to record your Centre engagements, Microsoft software to communicate internally and externally and manage your diary, SAP to manage registration and certification data and certification release, and in-house HR systems to communicate to your manager weekly activities
- Supporting colleagues across the business with improvements that will impact on the customers experience using your skill knowledge and sector specialism
What we’re looking for
- Occupational competence with demonstrable experience of working on Heating & Ventilating Installations, domestic and industrial commercial Plumbing, Heating and Gas installations as a Plumber as minimum
- A recognised apprenticeship related to Heating & Ventilating/Plumbing, Heating and Gas in the building services sector in installation and /or maintenance or a Level 3 NVQ related to Heating & Ventilating/Plumbing, Heating or Gas or equivalent or a degree related to Plumbing, Heating and Gas
- Possession of the appropriate licence to practice qualifications required by the Heating & Ventilating/lPlumbing, Heating and Gas sector
- Hold a JIB ECS card or CSCS Card or able to obtain one from the appropriate sector provider to enable access onto Assessment sites within the Construction sector
- Previous experience and sound knowledge of S/NVQs/Employers Units of Competence’s and / or VRQ’s assessment
- Hold A1 & V1 or D Unit equivalence with CPD evidence in relation to nationally recognised standards set by Lifelong Learning UK (LLUK), such as LLUK units 001-005
- Willing to travel across the UK and hold a full driving licence
Enginuity is committed to equality of opportunity in employment, where all individuals are considered on the basis of relevant merits, skills, and abilities.