Training and Examinations Manager
Closing Date: 18/02/2019
Location/Division: Cambridge or Middlesbrough
Training and Examination (TES) Manager
Cambridge or Middlesbrough
TWI is the world leader in training for welding and inspection personnel, working in over 60 countries, providing internationally recognised certification to individuals, industrial organisations and Governments.
We are currently seeking applications for the position of Training and Examination Manager who will be responsible for managing TWI’s UK based training business. Reporting to the Business Group Manager, Global Training and Technical Services, the post-holder will be responsible for the development and profitable growth of the UK training and examinations multi-site businesses as well as operating as the ‘hub’ for global business support to our overseas colleagues. You will be leading a cohesive team and guiding them to meet sales targets. Working in a busy environment you will manage the P&L performance as well ensuring effective communication, sales activity and development of new business opportunities. You will be a self-starter, motivated to succeed and customer focussed.
This position has been produced as part of an initiative known as Non Destructive Testing Research Centre (NDT Research Centre), which is funded by the Tees Valley Combined Authority (TVCA). This new research centre will focus on future NDT technologies and act as the future growth hub for the research group outside of TWI facilities in Cambridge. In addition, if TWI bid is successful, this project may also be part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
Key responsibilities will include:
• Build a forward-thinking training enterprise, including growth development strategy, cost and benefit projections and year over year deliverables.
• Promote leadership, development and solutions enabling the team to execute their visions and strategies through programmes designed to accelerate their business results.
• Develop and provide the UK team with the required skills, motivation and reputation to support UK and Overseas operations, including the development and enhancement of managerial skills for all UK based line managers.
• Coordinate UK activities to support delivery and operational practice of TWI’s UK and overseas Regional training centres.
• Ensure continuous revision and updates to course materials to meet industry requirements and customer demand.
• Effective management of resources to allow new product development whilst maintaining BAU and customer demand.
• Assess the ROI of any learning and development programme ensuring they are contributing to the success and profitability of the business.
• Foster and encourage collaboration with TES UK and overseas function. Building global relationships within TWI’s Training Teams.
• Provide appropriate global logistical support to manage business needs internationally.
• Maintain and improve external and internal client satisfaction.
• Manage examination development, deployment and marking processes to ensure the highest levels of integrity and security are maintained.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills to develop good working relationships across the whole of TWI’s global training business.
• Proven ability to manage, develop, motivate, build and coordinated teams across multi-site locations.
• Good business sense with a desire to generate income and control costs to produce a highly profitable operation.
• Strong technical background in welding, inspection or NDT related disciplines.
• Good evaluation skills and the ability to convey information in concise and meaningful way.
• Ability to work across borders and time zones effectively.
• Significant experience of developing and implementing training across multiple functions and geographies.
• A management degree or equivalent experience is essential.
Previous experience managing training operations would be advantageous. This position will require regular travel both in the UK and abroad.
The role can be based at our Cambridge or Middlesbrough offices.
Job Profile: Group Manager
Business Position: Corporate & Business Unit Management
Hours: 36 hours p/wk.
Closing Date: 18th February 2019
To find out more about TWI and our corporate culture please visit our website:
To apply, please click on the link below:
There are no downloads for this vacancy