Closing Date: 21/08/2022
Transition Coach (12 hours per week)
Hours of work: 3pm – 9pm Saturday & 9am – 3pm Sunday
Holiday Entitlement: 6.6 weeks including Public/ Bank Holidays
Benefits: Health Cash Plan & Pension
The postholder will:
· Coach residents living within The Y to empower them to develop social and practical competence for a positive future as part of a person-centred approach tailored to individual goals.
· To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team helping young people identify and meet their personal, social, health, learning and employment goals.
· To enable young people to transition from homelessness permanently once they leave The Y.
· To consistently contribute to a culture of excellence within The Y Housing & Support continually improving and developing these services.
· To act as a positive role model and mentor for young people, providing them with encouragement, support – emotional & practical and challenge to help them identify the actions and changes needed in order to meet their goals.
The position is subject to an enhanced disclosure checks through the DBS in line with The Y’s Policy on recruitment of ex-offenders (Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, Rehabilitation of Offenders Order 1978) and the receipt of 2 acceptable references.