We are currently recruiting for a site based project engineer to support projects in the Northwest. We would require the candidate to manage Civil/MEICA works elements to meet project requirements on time and within its budget.
Good technical and organisational skills are essential for this role. They will demonstrate integrity, a hard working ethic and be target focused, whilst embracing the challenges and changes within the Industry.
- Responsible for the delivery for designated elements relating to projects, including design and installation of civil, mechanical, electrical and ICA elements relating to water and wastewater treatment.
- Assisting the office based design team with detailed design of multiple projects
- Surveying existing infrastructure and working closely with design engineers to technical and commercial proposals
- Overseeing day to day project activities
- Planning for site shutdowns and major tie in works
- Participating in regular client project related meetings
- Assisting in site setup for construction activities
- Assisting the management in defining the scope descriptions and work packages
- Issuing RFQ’s to vendors and subcontractors making recommendations based on cost benefit analysis and other measures.
- Assisting the management of Subcontractor third party vendors/design services
- Monitoring and controlling site activities related to project installations
- Leading the start-up and commissioning of process systems
- Supporting the qualification process for upgrades or newly installed treatment systems
- Handover of works to internal or external operations personnel.
- Implementation of health, safety, quality and environmental procedures to Coffey Group and client defined standards across all contracts. (PSDP and PSCS)
- Consistently deliver on each project to achieve Coffey Group objectives for project financial performance and all aspects of overall project delivery (quality control, risk management, and profitability) Desirable Experience and
- Degree in Environmental, Mechanical, Engineering or related discipline
- 0-2 years water and wastewater industry contracting experience including site supervision and design.
- Comprehensive knowledge of water and wastewater design and operational processes
- Contract knowledge (FIDIC, NEC, Public Works) an advantage
- Successful track record in the delivery of complex contracts
- Ability to communicate well with clients, subcontractors and in-house staff
- Excellent computer skills
- The ability to work successfully as part of a team.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Full Clean Irish/European Driving License
- Have valid work permit/authorised to work in Ireland