CCI30057 Senior Process Engineer
We are hiring a Senior Process Engineer based in Athenry, Co. Galway
• Working closely with the Design Manager to deliver Coffey design works across Ireland and the UK, for public and private sector clients.
• Assisting the Tendering Department by producing relevant, high quality tender submissions as required and requested by the Tendering Department and Senior Management. Submissions must be produced by the deadlines set by the Tender Co-Ordinator.
• Assisting the commercial/estimating team members in developing CAPEX and OPEX models.
• Review of Coffey tender/ preliminary and detailed designs. Propose value engineering measures so as to make Coffey tenders more economically attract and/or robust.
• Working with the Lead Process Engineer, carry out visits to both municipal and private-sector sites as required, to audit current water and wastewater treatment plants & processes. Produce detailed assessment reports, including recommendations for improvement and preliminary CAPEX and OPEX costs.
• Produce Drinking Water Safety Plans (DWSP) for both municipal and private sector clients. The DWSP would incorporate health-based targets, system assessment, monitoring, reports and communication and surveillance. The DWSPs would follow World Health Organisation standards and be a holistic assessment of water quality management and risks, from catchment sources to point of use.
• Review and comment on proposed Coffey designs for water and wastewater treatment plants and installations with respect to future O&M considerations. Participate in HAZOP’s studies and workshops.
• Effective time management and execution of work within defined timeline and budgetary constraints
• Provide technical process knowledge and support to the O&M Department, as and when requested by the O&M Manager. This shall include jar testing, on-site audits and inspections and recommendations as to process improvements.
• Provide support and advice to the Commercial Department and the Commercial Manager regarding O&M commercial and contractual matters.
• Flexibility to work in required project locations with regular travel to and from regional offices, project sites and work related events.
• Mentorship of junior project engineers, scientists, technicians and design personnel.
• Bachelor’s Degree in chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or Environmental Engineering.
• Minimum 8 years of experience in process design or equivalent.
• Proven track record in delivering technical designs including process, civil, mechanical, and electrical/ICA elements.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and 2D/3D CAD software.