CCUK3034 Works Manager - Birmingham, UK
We are now hiring a Works Manager based in Birmingham, UK
The Works Manager will oversee multiple sites, he will ensure that the necessary resources (labour, plant and subcontractors) are in place to achieve the agreed programme to the required HSQE standards. He will be responsible in conjunction with the Project Manager / Contracts Manager for the resources required to deliver the project.
• Ensuring that HSQE Management Systems and processes are adhered to, implemented and maintained.
• Understand the Safety Statement and ensure that it is readily available on each site.
• Define clear roles & responsibilities and deliverables for foremen, gangers and operatives.
• Assist in the planning, management and delivery of all contracts in a performance and fashion that epitomizes the company’s vision, strategy and values.
• Adhere to Company Safety Standards and promote safety culture among the ranks throughout the company.
• Manage, direct, educate and mentor site staff.
• Encourage early project planning with great detail and foresight.
• Integrate and communicate with all other departments to ensure effective and efficient delivery of all aspect of a project.
• Assist in reviewing construction budgets, forecasts to completion and resource requirements.
• Monitor construction productivity and investigate reasons for poor/good performance.
• Provide recommendations and measures for improvement to operating procedures/work methods.
• Assist / advise on the correct construction methodology during planning, be it at tendering or delivery stage.
• Review of working hours / rates / travel / lodge / accommodation / training requirements on an ongoing basis.
• Assist the HR department as and when required.
• Working closely with the Plant Director to advise on the plant / maintenance / property requirements for project delivery.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Relevant experience to support your competency in the role.
• Over 10 years’ experience working in the Construction Industry.
Must have a full clean UK/Irish/EU driving Licence
No Sponsorship Available
Direct Applications Only, we do not require assistance from agencies at this time.