Post: Support Worker
Hourly rate: Support Worker £12.00 - £13.23 (dependent on qualifications)
Hours per week: Full/part-time posts available
Location: Various Services – Aberdeen City Centre, Dyce, Garthdee, Summerhill, Kingswells and Westhill
(Unfortunately, we are unable to provide Sponsorship to work in the UK)
Archway’s search for resourceful, dedicated, and caring people continues!
Based in the North East of Scotland Archway have been providing services to individuals with learning disabilities and their families for over 30 years. Our services include permanent care, residential respite, supported living and care at home. For more details about our services and locations please visit our website.
Our roles are interesting, varied, and while undoubtedly demanding at times, providing person-centred care and support is hugely rewarding. Experience is of course advantageous, however, those with transferrable life skills will be considered, where they can demonstrate how they could enable our service users to get the most out of their lives. This will include supporting people with all aspects of their daily living, including personal care, medication support and housework as well as supporting individuals with their hobbies and interests and getting out and about.
You’re ideal for a role at Archway if you…
- Demonstrate a strong team ethic, share our values, have a positive attitude and strive to do your best every day
- Can demonstrate strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Have experience of supporting people, this can be personal, voluntary or work experience
- Are able and willing to work shifts, including evenings and weekends
- Have good computer literacy skills, and are competent with the completion and maintenance of relevant paperwork
- Are willing to undertake any relevant training and to put learning and development into practice
- Hold a care related SVQ, or the ability and willingness to achieve this within specified timescale
It would be beneficial for you to…
- Have experience of working and supporting people with learning disabilities
- Have undertaken relevant training e.g. first aid, food hygiene, moving and handling, epilepsy awareness
Please refer to the full job description in order to tailor your application successfully.